5.3-RELEASE: SMP: system clock has died

Lucas Holt luke at foolishgames.com
Tue Jan 11 15:10:50 PST 2005

Part of the problem is that the motherboards are made by asus.  I love
asus boards for windows boxes, but they never implement a correct,
complete bios for their boards.  The result is odd behavior and often
hacks need to be performed to get them to work.  For example, I have an
asus board with an nforce2 chipset and an athelon xp 2000+.  During a
patch level to 5.21 i lost the ability to reboot the box remotely.  The
system would hang.  Eventually, an upgrade to 5.3 release fixed the
problem.  However, my dual xeon dell workstation is top notch in 5.3.
I don't have a great deal of faith in dell bioses but they can do
better than asus! :(

Lucas Holt
Luke at FoolishGames.com