SMP quad xeon question

jromero at save-ferris.com jromero at save-ferris.com
Thu Sep 23 15:25:09 PDT 2004

Need to configure groupware server and multiprotocol wireless proxy for
aproximatly 2500 accounts. Application is heavily multi threaded and will
require alot of CPU power. The OS will be FreeBSD 5.x Thinking of going
with ServerWorks* Grand Champion HE quad xeon server board. Has anyone had
any SMP experience with quad xeon systems on freebsd 5.x???  I'm curious
to know if anyone experienced any major technical stumbling blocks. I
guess I also want to know how well Freebsd 5.x will scale on a 4 proc.
system. I'm not on this list so please CC me.

Thanks,

-JR