Multiprocessing for network protocol stack

Venkatesh.Babu at nokia.com Venkatesh.Babu at nokia.com
Tue Oct 19 12:00:15 PDT 2004

 I looked at the following document, it gives the overview of the 5.x
changes but it has little information on parallelizing the protocol
stack. There are only 3 sentences and which says different concepts like
per-CPU split of packets and connections are used. I am looking for more
details.

 "Predictable Parallel Protocol Processing" paradigm is useful in
cases where predictable delay is of importance. Typically useful for the applications like video-on-demand, distributed multi-player games and video conferences. For more information refer the following paper -
http://www.artes.uu.se/project/P2-9805.pdf

 VBabu