New Dell 2650 notes from the field?

Kyle McPeek kyle at openworldinc.com
Wed May 26 20:32:38 PDT 2004

If I were setting up the machine now I would start with 4.9.  Then let it
run 'make -j x buildworld' in a loop for 24-48 hours, over a weekend if
possible.  Let x be 8-12.

If you are running a raid subsystem then pull a drive out during that time
an put it back.  The card should rebuild the array.  I have replaced two
drives so far and not lost any uptime or had any problems.

In short, install something then try to break it by beating on it as much
as possible for a few days.

kyle.