upgrade from 4.8 SMP to 4.9 SMP causes unexplained rebooting!

Chuck Rock carock at epconline.com
Sun Apr 4 08:44:10 PDT 2004

Sorry, got ahead of myself... I meant 30+ days... We had tried 5.2 with
the Dells, then 5.2.1 was released during our problem time. We tried that
too.

We unfortunately didn't have time to troubleshoot much, we had thousands
of E-mail backing up for days.

The heavy load was processing about 7000 E-mail's an hours for Virus and
spam. We had a Quad Xeon Compaq only able to handle about 2500/hr. The
Dells were doing great, they just kep locking up or rebooting. We upgraded
to a Compaq Dual 2.8GHz Xeons. It got blasted a few times, and barely
mustered a load avg. of 15 when it was hit with 18,000 message/hr

We will hoepfully be clustering all this in the next 9 months so we won't
get caught again... ;-)

Chuck