ACPI-0XXX: *** Error(s)

John Stockdale jstockdale at stanford.edu
Tue Oct 21 13:44:12 PDT 2003

Hey everyone,

Just reviewing my dmesg for the first time in a couple months (I know,
I should check it more often, the bad habits of a headless machine) and
I'm seeing the following on a SMP kernel on a dual 2.0Ghz HTT Xeon box
(Tyan Thunder i7505). Is this anything to be concerned about?

Pentium Pro MTRR support enabled
	ACPI-0314: *** Error:  Invalid signature where RSDP indicates
RSDT/XSDT should be located
	ACPI-0181: *** Error: AcpiLoadTables: Could not load RSDT:
AE_BAD_SIGNATURE
	ACPI-0213: *** Error: AcpiLoadTables: Could not load tables:
AE_BAD_SIGNATURE
ACPI: table load failed: AE_BAD_SIGNATURE

Thanks

-John