Strange systat output on SMP FreeBSD 5.0-Current

Petri Helenius pete at he.iki.fi
Thu May 15 23:37:57 PDT 2003

John Baldwin wrote:

>On 15-May-2003 Petri Helenius wrote:
>

>>>The <idle> is not a process, it's a measure of how idle the system is.
>>>It's generated from the same thing %idle in top(1) comes from.
>>>Probably systat should ignore the actual idle processes.
>>>

>>That would be quite bad because that´s the only place I know where you can
>>actually
>>see per-CPU utilization. (of the bundled utilities)
>>

>top(1)

Where exactly? This is from an SMP machine:

26 processes:  2 running, 24 sleeping
CPU states: 14.0% user,  0.0% nice,  0.2% system, 19.5% interrupt, 66.3%
idle
Mem: 165M Active, 582M Inact, 205M Wired, 44M Cache, 112M Buf, 5560K Free

Here is "pigs" from the same:
root     idle: cpu0 XXXXXXXXXXXXX
             <idle> XXXXXXXXXXXX
root     idle: cpu1 XXXXXXXXXXXX