maximum of CPUs

Cagle, John (ISS-Houston) john.cagle at hp.com
Mon Jul 14 11:15:07 PDT 2003

I think that 8 CPUs is pretty much the limit for FreeBSD.  We have FreeBSD 5.1 running on an 8-way HP ProLiant DL740 and HP ProLiant DL760.  (That's 8 processors *without* using hyperthreading.)  It also runs very well on an HP ProLiant DL560 which has 4 physical processors (which is 8 logical CPU's when hyperthreading is turned on).

John Cagle     john.cagle at hp.com
Principal Member Technical Staff
   Industry Standard Servers
    http://www.hp.com/linux/