IGNORE: Logical CPU's not being picked up on dual 2.0 Xeon system.

John Baldwin jhb at FreeBSD.org
Tue Dec 9 10:44:35 PST 2003

On 09-Dec-2003 John Stockdale wrote:
> Realized that hyperthreading is working, but only 1 physical cpu is
> being picked up.
>
> Gonna troubleshoot this one and get back to the list if I can't figure
> it out.
>
> Sorry for the errant email

Nope. APIC Id's are 0 and 6.  Logical CPUs are contiguous, i.e. 0 and 1
and 6 and 7.  If you aren't using ACPI and you have enabled HTT in your
BIOS, you now need to use 'options MPTABLE_FORCE_HTT' to enumerate logical
CPUs when not using ACPI.