Compaq Proliant 2xPPro hangs on boot

Chris Boyd cvoad at austin.rr.com
Wed Apr 30 09:31:15 PDT 2003

Thanks to Colin for pointing me on the way to a solution.  To get the
system configured correctly for SMP, you have to have the APIC enabled
by selecting an OS type that Compaq recognizes as SMP capable.  Linux
and WinNT/2000 are valid choices.  My setup version did not have Linux
as a choice, so I used WinNT/2000 and all seems well.

--Chris