SMP and VMware 4

Makoto Matsushita matusita at jp.FreeBSD.org
Fri Apr 11 00:51:49 PDT 2003

> real memory  = 134217728 (128 MB)
> avail memory = 126013440 (120 MB)
> Programming 24 pins in IOAPIC #0
> IOAPIC #0 intpin 2 -> irq 0

larse> VMware 4 dies her efor me, if I boot with an SMP kernel.

Which CPU did you use?  I found that (thanks to my colleague :-)
if host PC has Pentium Xeon 2.8Ghz, VMware panics with FreeBSD
5-current SMP kernel (no SMP works pretty well) with following messages:

	*** VMware Workstation internal monitor error ***
	VMM fault: regs=0x2f9c, exc=14, eip=0x81a6c, addr=0xffc00010

	(.. and lots of message which suggests to report this problem ..)

-- -
Makoto `MAR' Matsushita