System freezes with SMP support enabled [Solved?]

Aleksandr Melentiev tzap at pacbell.net
Wed Apr 9 17:02:12 PDT 2003

Ok, it seems I have come down to a solution to my problem.
I have enabled an option in BIOS which is called 'PCI IRQs to IO-APIC
Mapping'. It uses 24 IO-APIC pins to describe PCI interrupts instead of
standard 16.
With this enabled, I have not encountered any problems so far that I have
described earlier.

Regards,
Alex