picobsd updates

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at iet.unipi.it
Wed Mar 25 12:38:11 PDT 2009

FYI,
I am revising the picobsd build system and utilities so we have
something useful for the upcoming release of 7.2

The picobsd script today in HEAD (and usable also for other
releases) has support for building shared binaries and grabbing
external binaries (and libraries) from a buildworld tree or from
the host system.
The crunch.conf file in HEAD has also been modified to use a shared
binary, so there are no two copies of the libraries.

I am also experimenting the use of busybox and dropbear
as a replacement for many userland apps, with good results:

the ash included in busybox seems able to run the picobsd scripts
at runtime, and it carries a wealth of utilities.
dblient (the dropbear ssh client) also works fine and only
relies on libcrypt.

cheers
luigi