Embedded file system

Olivier Gautherot ogautherot at vtr.net
Thu May 25 20:26:52 PDT 2006

Hi folks!

First of all, sorry for cross-posting but I think it may be of interest to
both groups: small@ as the ultimate target and current@ for their experience.

After todays discussion, I've tried to summarize the comments to come up with
some requirements - I've put up some more titles for additional items but, in
the short term, I would like to ensure that the direction is correct and,
hopefully, define it better yet. The idea is to define what the technology
can or can't do before we organize the FS. I mean to help design a FS for a
known target and not design for fun and, only then, look desperately for an
application ;-)

V 0.0 of the draft is at: http://mlagy.free.fr/POFS.pdf . This doc is really
meant as a base for discussion, nothing else yet. Poul-Henning, you're
welcome to raise a big binary red flag (i.e. ***NO*** :-) ) if you see
something wrong ;-) When we come to a consensus, I can load it up on
the "idea" page.

Happy reading
--
Olivier Gautherot