Flash File Systems or Translation Layers?

Benno Rice benno at FreeBSD.org
Thu May 18 00:23:20 UTC 2006

gnn at freebsd.org wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> So, a few of us have talked off list of the need for a flash file
> system or translation layer for FreeBSD in order to better target the
> kind of boards we want to support.  The one lead I had was to a poorly
> written, binary only solution with nasty licensing.   That is, it was
> a dead end.  Does anyone know of anything that exists now that we
> might coopt or have the knowledge to do this right/well?

I thought about doing a port of jffs2.  Probably a rewrite actually, so
we can have a non-GPL version.  It's waiting on me getting to the point
where I need it though. =)

--
Benno Rice
benno at FreeBSD.org