Embedded FreeBSD Presentation...

Eduardo nec556 at retena.com
Wed May 17 18:47:40 UTC 2006

At 23:45 15/05/2006, you wrote:
>On 5/14/06, Eduardo <nec556 at retena.com> wrote:
>
>>Is this really possible:? Sorry for be a bit unoptimist, but in the
>>embeded space the o.s.must follow some rules that freebsd (nor linux,
>>*bsd, windows, etc..) can't:
>
>The word "embedded" has come to include a wide range of small devices
>that are nearly as powerful as desktop systems were ten years ago.
>I've built cell phone operating systems around Linux, and currently
>have one of these http://www.embeddedarm.com/epc/ts7200-spec-h.html
>running NetBSD.

I agree with you, the word embedded includes too many types of
devices, i was thinking in our 405 powerpc, where we run QNX RTOS(i
prefer to run FreeBSD, but don't know how to do the port). As we are
going to upgrade processors, an embedded freebsd will be an option for us.

>It would be great to see a FreeBSD embedded system that covered arm devices.

And ppc ;)

Perhaps if i post this FreeBSD to embedded task at Power.org we can
get some voluntarees. Any problem about that?