NanoBSD build issues

Roger Miranda (Digital Relay) rmiranda at digitalrelay.ca
Wed Jul 26 13:42:02 UTC 2006

First of all thanks for you help, I really do appreciate it.
I do think i got futher yesterday.

I sure hope this post does not get to large, But I believe if we get some good
documentation for even someone like me to build this than anyone else can :)

1) I got a _.disk.full and _.disk.image file yesterday. But the directory
still had the following files in the directory:
---
file:///usr/obj/nanobsd.full/usr
file:///usr/obj/nanobsd.full/_.w
file:///usr/obj/nanobsd.full/_.mnt
file:///usr/obj/nanobsd.full/make.conf
file:///usr/obj/nanobsd.full/_.mtree
file:///usr/obj/nanobsd.full/_.iw
file:///usr/obj/nanobsd.full/_.ik
file:///usr/obj/nanobsd.full/_.fdisk
file:///usr/obj/nanobsd.full/_.etc
file:///usr/obj/nanobsd.full/_.env
file:///usr/obj/nanobsd.full/_.du
file:///usr/obj/nanobsd.full/_.dl
file:///usr/obj/nanobsd.full/_.disk.image
file:///usr/obj/nanobsd.full/_.disk.full
file:///usr/obj/nanobsd.full/_.di
file:///usr/obj/nanobsd.full/_.bw
file:///usr/obj/nanobsd.full/_.bk
---
Are these error logs of some sort? Is this normal?

2) I'm using a kingston 256Mb CF, I really haven't gotten to the stage of
writing to the card yet. I'm still trying to shrink down nanobsd to fit on
256mb.

3) I created a seperate config file (Look Below). Would this shrink down
nanobsd enough? is there more documentation regarding building config files?
--------
NANO_NAME=custom
NANO_SRC=/usr/src
NANO_KERNEL=MYKERNEL
NANO_IMAGES=2

CONF_BUILD='
NO_KLDLOAD=YES
NO_NETGRAPH=YES
NO_PAM=YES
'

CONF_INSTALL='
NO_ACPI=YES
NO_BLUETOOTH=YES
NO_CVS=YES
NO_FORTRAN=YES
NO_HTML=YES
NO_LPR=YES
NO_MAN=YES
NO_SENDMAIL=YES
NO_SHAREDOCS=YES
NO_EXAMPLES=YES
NO_INSTALLLIB=YES
NO_CALENDAR=YES
NO_MISC=YES
NO_SHARE=YES
'

CONF_WORLD='
NO_BIND=YES
NO_MODULES=YES
NO_KERBEROS=YES
NO_GAMES=YES
NO_RESCUE=YES
NO_LOCALES=YES
NO_SYSCONS=YES
NO_INFO=YES
'

FlashDevice SanDisk 256

cust_nobeastie() (
    touch ${NANO_WORLDDIR}/boot/loader.conf
    echo "beastie_disable=\"YES\"" >> ${NANO_WORLDDIR}/boot/loader.conf
)

customize_cmd cust_comconsole
customize_cmd cust_install_files
customize_cmd cust_allow_ssh_root
customize_cmd cust_nobeastie
-----------------

--
Roger Miranda
rmiranda at digitalrelay.ca
Cell: 204.228.2032

Digital Relay Inc. - 'Out of the Box' Enterprise IT Solutions... Without
the Price of the 'Box'
1130 Wall Street Winnipeg, MB     R3E 2R9
Phone:  204.480.1234
Fax:	204.480.3866
www.digitalrelay.ca

Latest product: WAC - Powerful Web Access Control appliance, firewall
capability built-in, upgradeable to a proxy server.
http://www.digitalrelay.ca/information/Product_WAC.pdf