last known 4-.x-RELEASE where PicoBSD can be built

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Tue Feb 21 00:42:25 PST 2006

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 10:06:45AM +0200, Nikos Vassiliadis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to build PicoBSD using sources from RELENG_4 on a
> 4.10-RELEASE-p5 system and it failed. I (think|know) it's working
> again on RELENG_6, but I want to use 4.x branch. So, which
> sources should I get to build it?

if you take the script that i recently committed to -current
and -stable (/usr/src/release/picobsd/build/picobsd)
it should work also with 4.x sources

it relies on ports/sysutils/makefs to build
the file system image without the need for
root permissions

one thing you might have to do is increase the fd_size
to 2880 (in the imagename/config file) due to
increased code size

cheers
luigi