diskless (or rather, readonly)

Diane Bruce db at db.net
Tue Aug 8 00:04:30 UTC 2006

On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 06:08:30PM -0500, Mark Linimon wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 09:49:12PM +0100, James Mansion wrote:
> > Its really not OK to present something as being the best thing since
> > sliced bread 'as a complete system - not just a kernel' and then
> > run and hide and say 'you found a bug - fix it yourself and send
> > us a patch' at the first sign of trouble.
>
> No one has run and hidden away.  I think you completely misunderstand how
> Open Source projects that are driven by volunteers work.

I saw this today. It is completely applicable.
http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/faq.html#binary
Why are you such a jerk when answering user questions?
AKA: how can I help you feel good about providing me with support?

With some notes as to what is wrong from a lab book, a volunteer would
step up to update the documentation. Now it can't be. The people that
write the documentation aren't always the ones that install the software.

'nuff said.

--
- db at db.net http://www.db.net/~db