PicoBSD and a Broadcom BCM5703

Anacreo anacreo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 06:26:49 GMT 2005

I am trying to setup a Sun Fire v20z with PicoBSD and Dummynet. I have
gotten the dummynet image at
http://www.cs.unc.edu/~jeffay/dirt/FAQ/picobsd980918.bin to boot my v20z and
get a root prompt. However it only shows me a tun0 tun1 and lo interface.

Does anyone know if it would be possible to build a PicoBSD image with
dummynet and support for the BCM5703 controller that Sun is using? I'm on a
very tight schedule and don't really know BSD at all. Could you maybe point
out the steps I'd need to follow for adding in the BCM5703 driver to say the
bridge (which includes dummynet) picobsd install? Or even better provide a
binary file for it?

Thanks in advance for any assistance on this. I have to say that I'm very
impressed with the PicoBSD image thus far!

Alec