"nanobsd" prototype

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Tue Mar 9 15:29:10 PST 2004

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 12:16:37AM +0100, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> This patch contains my "nanobsd" prototype which I have been mumbling
> about.

possibly related question for you. What are the implications
in letting mdconfig/mount_mfs available to the general
user (or suid) instead of making them restricted to root only ?

Apart from a few places where the buildworld scripts try
to do an 'install' (but i believe the uid/gid to install
with can be tweaked), i think this is the only part where
the building of {Free|pico|nano}bsd require to be run as root.
Am I missing something ?

	cheers
	luigi