Problems with Remote Kernel Debugging on the 5.2.1 Kernel

Mark Teel mark at teel.ws
Wed Jun 23 05:03:56 PDT 2004

It is serial debugging, as described in the Developer's Handbook.

I have set up the same remote debugging environment in linux using
gdb/ddd with success.  Further, the "Interrupt" button in ddd is ^C, and
in gdb ^C is what is used to break execution, at least in past
experience in linux.

How would I send a "BREAK", and how would one setup ddd to use that
instead of ^C?  That should definitely be addressed in the developer's
handbook if it is non-standard for FreeBSD.

Thanks,
Mark