Do I make any mistake ?????
gudang_program at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 6 10:56:23 GMT 2004
This is what I have did in configuring the PicoBSD, this thing suppose to work as router.
I am using nat instead of dhcp.
1. downloading extracting the xxxx.tar.gz file.
2. copiing the xxxxx.flp to a floppy disk.
3. in " config> " I type "enable ed0" and "enable ed1". I type "ls' and it is enabled, so I
4. I choose a VIA ethernet card ( My NICs are VIA ). the boot procedure finished so I
update the setting.
5. at the top line in rc.conf file
I change the "oif" into ed0 and "iif" into ed1
6. I add these line into rc.conf file
ifconfig_ed0 = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx netmask 255.255.255.0
ifconfig_ed1 = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx netmask 255.255.255.0
6. I set the default router number.
7.I forget in what line but still in the rc.conf
I change the "dhcp" into "natd".
8. I enable the ping command by deleting a "#" at rc.firewall file.
9. I update it again and reboot.
well, that's all. I guess I've done everything but I still can't ping to the default router IP nor to any computer at my network number.
Is there anything I forget ?
please give me a solution.
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.
If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat.
If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
Do you Yahoo!?
Friends. Fun. Try the all-new Yahoo! Messenger
More information about the freebsd-small