PicoBSD diskless embedded 'where to start'

Cybertime Hostmaster hostmaster at cybertime.net
Tue Feb 10 13:37:06 PST 2004

> just another element of the system. As you note, what
> might be considered the "development project" documentation
> has become dated. My sense (guess?) is that today
> "man picobsd" is considered the only up-to-date documentation
> and that the "reference configurations" are being allowed
> to lie fallow pending developments.

So basically what has happened is that the online documentation has become
outdated.

And if people are unaware of the man file, because they think it is
something completely separate from FreeBSD, then it becomes easy for them
to miss the documentation that is more up to date.

In the end, if they just added the reference to looking for the man page
on the http://people.freebsd.org/~picobsd/ page, it would at least point a
few more people in the proper direction.

--Eric