PicoBSD diskless embedded 'where to start'

Richard P. Williamson richard.williamson at u4eatech.com
Fri Feb 6 02:16:02 PST 2004

At 22:51 05/02/2004, Cybertime Hostmaster wrote:
>> I'm trying to put together a diskless embedded system based on
>> the PicoBSD scripts supplied with FreeBSD 4.8R.
>

>Just as a point of interest, any special reason why PicoBSD?

PicoBSD is the starting point really.  I know I've got oodles of
space to work with, but Pico /starts/ with the configuration for
booting from other-than an HDD and into memory...which is the
development path I need to get working.  But also I've got a
/lot/ of application I need to get in there.

>m0n0BSD is another good choice from what I have seen.

FreeBSD vs Linux decision made prior to my hire...

rip
Richard Williamson           richard.williamson at u4eatech.com
U4EA Technologies Ltd                   +44 (0) 117 373 6760
Bristol, UK   BS1 6PL                                  x5030