Pico and the big ash

Patrick Tracanelli eksffa at bsd.com.br
Tue Nov 4 07:57:37 PST 2003

Hello :)

I have made a PicoBSD based on the latest 5.1-CURRENT code (w/o the
debug stuff, sure) and i noticed that /bin/sh is considerably bigger on
5 when compared to RELENG_4 (had never noticed before). Is there a
compatible sh (for the rc scripts) shell, that is smallber than the
system's? Or, a way i can build src/bin/sh smaller, or even an
alternative not so feature-rich ash shell that can compile on REL_5..
Have also tried msh tinyware, but it does not build. I am not a good C
programmer so rewriting myself the system's src/bin/sh is something i
cannt do.

Any idea/suggestions?

Thanks,
Patrick Tracanelli.