Some problems

Philip Reynolds philip.reynolds at rfc-networks.ie
Sun Jun 15 10:55:49 PDT 2003

Chen Hao <anqinger at msn.com> 20 lines of wisdom included:
> Hello:
>
>    I want to know how to change the root passward in PicoBSD.
>
>    When I changed the root passward using the command "passwd", the system
> informed that
>
> the disk is full, write fail.( I boot system from floppy )

It's read-only, it can't modify the disk. You can change the passwd
before PicoBSD is built, if you're building it off a FreeBSD
machine.

>  Does the source for PicoBSD is open? If yes, where can I get it?

Yes it is.

It's built from the kernel and some userland utilitie

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/release/picobsd/

Everything you need should be there. You should be able to change
the root password before the floppy is built.

>  Does the PicoBSD support some add-ons such as gcc or perl?

It "supports" them, but you're gonna have a hard time fitting them
on a PicoBSD floppy. You're gonna have a harder time editing and
storing files on a floppy :)

What exactly is it you want to do?

--
Philip Reynolds                      | RFC Networks Ltd.
philip.reynolds at rfc-networks.ie      | +353 (0)1 8832063