Looking for FreeBSD kernel debugging help

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Wed Jun 11 03:01:48 PDT 2003

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 18:22, Soren Kristensen wrote:
> Lesson learned:
>
> Advanced FreeBSD documentation sucks if you're not a kernel hacker, but
> remote kernel debugging works great and are actually kinda fun....

Procedural things are more likely to be usefully documented in the handbook or
FAQ (or The Complete FreeBSD), rather than a specific man page.

They can be a bit stale though :(

Serial GDB is very nice.. You can even do firewire debugging, but I guess you
guys can't really use that :)
(Firewire mini-PCI board? 8-)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5