name:wrek vulnerabilities ?

mike tancsa mike at sentex.net
Wed Apr 14 15:44:12 UTC 2021

I heard about this on the ISC stormcast podcast this AM, but I cant
quite make heads or tails of if/when what was patched with respect to
FreeBSD.

https://www.forescout.com/company/blog/forescout-and-jsof-disclose-new-dns-vulnerabilities-impacting-millions-of-enterprise-and-consumer-devices/

They have a dhclient one I think is
https://www.freebsd.org/security/advisories/FreeBSD-SA-20:26.dhclient.asc,
but the report somewhat ambiguously writes there is a new one ?

"Table 3 – New vulnerabilities in NAME:WRECK. Rows are colored according
to the CVSS score: yellow for medium or high and red for critical." Yet
the CVE ref is the above SA 20:26?! So this is new or this is just a
paper talking about a bug patched last August ?

    ---Mike