Malicious root user sandboxing

Eugene Grosbein eugen at grosbein.net
Thu May 21 07:43:21 UTC 2020

21.05.2020 12:16, Ihor Antonov wrote:

> Jails have a lot of drawbacks to.

[skip]

> I tried jails and was left disappointed.

Just use sysutils/ezjail from ports that hides all the hassle and does it all for you,
so you need to perform installworld for the host system only.

>> Also, shared PAM does not mean duplication of system user database,
>> take a look at: man -k pam_|fgrep '(8)'
>
> The idea was to have a lightweight solution with minimum moving parts. Bringing machinery
> like LDAP into this defeats the purpose of the exercise.

If you don't like LDAP, use FreeRADIUS and pam_radius.
Combined with ezjail, it is most lightweight solution you may currently obtain
without writing additional kernel level code.