POC and patch for the CVE-2018-15473

Brett Glass brett at lariat.net
Mon May 13 15:48:43 UTC 2019

My company has remained with FreeBSD 11 for now because we have
encountered NIC driver stability problems under heavy loads with FreeBSD 12.0.

As an ISP, we also endure constant brute force username and
password guessing attacks, so a fix for this problem is of interest to us.

Is the FreeBSD port of OpenSSH 7.8 available for FreeBSD 11-STABLE
from the ports collection? If not, shouldn't it be?

--Brett Glass