Old Stuff

Cy Schubert Cy.Schubert at cschubert.com
Wed Jul 24 23:11:17 UTC 2019

On July 24, 2019 12:09:12 PM PDT, Robert Simmons <rsimmons0 at gmail.com> wrote:
>Yes, to reduce the code base complexity so that resources can be
>focused on
>a smaller code base.
>
>On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 3:06 PM Aaron C. de Bruyn <aaron at heyaaron.com>
>wrote:
>
>> Ubuntu made the decision, then rolled it back (partially) due to
>community
>> outcry. (https://itsfoss.com/ubuntu-19-10-drops-32-bit-support/)
>> If your reason for wanting to drop support is "Ubuntu is doing it",
>my
>> response would be "cool story bro".
>> Can you state what you are trying to accomplish by dropping support
>so the
>> merits can be debated?
>>
>> -A
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 11:47 AM Robert Simmons <rsimmons0 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I am and am not. Ubuntu has made this choice recently. I doubt I am
>alone
>>> in my thinking. I fully expected instant pushback on both
>suggestions.

>remove
>and

>and
>>> ftp.

This reminds me of a discussion I had with a manager at a company I developed IBM mainframe software at. His point was this exactly, in order to reduce expenses through the reduction of staff. Given the "staff" on the FreeBSD project are all volunteers, the vast majority of which work on projects/code of our choosing,  I don't see your point.

--
Pardon the typos and autocorrect, small keyboard in use.
Cheers,