FreeBSD MDS Mitigation

peter.blok at bsd4all.org peter.blok at bsd4all.org
Thu Jul 11 12:16:29 UTC 2019

I’m sorry but if you really care about security you have to read the advisory and stop assuming things.

For every complaint why this is disabled by default, there will 10 complaints why it was enabled by default and broke things.

Having said this, I could see the benefit of reporting the fact that a certain security measure is disabled in the daily security reports, hoping someone reads it together with the executables that suddenly have been setuid for root.

Peter