Intel hardware bug

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Fri Jan 5 20:46:13 UTC 2018

On 1/5/2018 8:30 AM, Andrew Duane wrote:
> Regardless, is there someone within FreeBSD that is working on patches for this set of problems, at least for Intel? Linux already has at least some, and I believe NetBSD does too. Of course Windows has already pushed out a Windows10 fix, 7 and 8 are coming.

There is an official announcement on the FreeBSD site (quote below). Not
sure about NetBSD, but DragonFly seems to have published some patches.
Looks quite extensive :(

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=DragonFly-Meltdown-Fixed

" About the Meltdown and Spectre attacks: FreeBSD was made aware of the
problems in late December 2017. We're working with CPU vendors and the
published papers on these attacks to mitigate them on FreeBSD. Due to
the fundamental nature of the attacks, no estimate is yet available for
the publication date of patches."

	---Mike

--
Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400