Intel hardware bug

Jules Gilbert repeatable_compression at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 5 15:26:04 UTC 2018

Ah, sorry I'm wrong.  I apologize.  I won't intrude further.  I spoke up because selectively choosing to read sections of kernel memory is one thing, obtaining useful information from an arbitrary block of kernel memory you don't get to choose is quite another.
But their are several people here I respect very much and if they say I'm wrong about an area they focus on,... me bad.

    On Friday, January 5, 2018, 9:48:50 AM EST, Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des at des.no> wrote:

 Jules Gilbert <repeatable_compression at yahoo.com> writes:
> Sorry guys, you just convinced me that no one, not the NSA, not the
> FSB, no one!, has in the past, or will in the future be able to
> exploit this to actually do something not nice.

The technique has already been proven by multiple independent parties to
work quite well, allowing an attacker to read kernel memory at speeds of
up to 500 kB/s.  But I guess you know better...

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no