Intel hardware bug

Joey Kelly joey at joeykelly.net
Thu Jan 4 01:54:00 UTC 2018

On Thursday, January 04, 2018 02:44:45 AM Oliver Pinter wrote:
> On Thursday, January 4, 2018, Joey Kelly <joey at joeykelly.net> wrote:
> > On Wednesday, January 03, 2018 02:59:35 PM Eric van Gyzen wrote:
> > > Wait until Tuesday before you explode.  Intel are now saying that it's
> > > not a "bug" in Intel CPUs.
> > >
> > > https://newsroom.intel.com/news/intel-responds-to-> >
> > security-research-findings
> >
> > > /
> >
> > Bogus tripe. They're spreading FUD.
>
> Nope. See this part of announcement :
>
> "Intel believes these exploits do not have the potential to corrupt, modify
> or delete data.ntel believes these exploits do not have the potential to
> corrupt, modify or delete data."
>
> There are no statement about _reading_ kernel or other memory, only about
> compromising. ;)

No, I mean their lame excuses, dances around the truth, claiming many other
platforms AND OPERATING SYSTEMS do it too. 'Tain't so. This is hardware, INTEL
hardware, and not an OS problem (though it's an OS band-aid, as someone put
it, OS vendors have to wipe Intel's, you know, since they can't wipe it
themselves).

--
Joey Kelly
Minister of the Gospel and Linux Consultant