New Security Officer

Xin Li delphij at delphij.net
Mon Nov 6 07:51:08 UTC 2017

(bcc'ed to core@, developers@)

Hello all,

I'm very please to announce that Gordon Tetlow (gordon@) has offered to
take over as FreeBSD Security Officer, which the FreeBSD Core Team has
approved.  Over the last few months, we have worked through the daily
work for Security Officer tasks, and we feel confident that he will be a
great Security Officer.

Therefore, effective immediately, I'm stepping down as security officer.
 I'll stay on the FreeBSD security team as Security Officer Emeritus for
the time being.

I would like to also take this opportunity to thank the current and
previous members of the security team for their work during the last 3
years.  Among these members, I'd like to specifically thank Gleb
Smirnoff, who have been critical for the success of the team in 2016 and
have contributed more than myself in drafting the advisories and ran
everything with me when my availability have reduced; Glen Barber for
his support from both clusteradm@ and re@ side and have worked on
various freebsd-update builds for new FreeBSD releases and his
contribution to the advisory drafts; and Remko Lodder who have worked as
the secretary, helped with the advisories, and responded outside
researchers in a timely manner.

Thank you for all the support and bug reports you've provided over the
years, and please join me in welcoming Gordon to his new role.

Cheers,
--
Xin Li <delphij at delphij.net> https://www.delphij.net