http subversion URLs should be discontinued in favor of https URLs

Jamie Landeg-Jones jamie at catflap.org
Wed Dec 6 00:06:37 UTC 2017

"Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

> simple-minded IT-liberalistic "Encrypt everything" campaign is,
> 100% as predicted, pushing governments to neuter encryption in
> order to keep the court systems working.

I agree. Unfortunately forums.freebsd.org not only went down the
'encrypt everything' route, they did so before TLS was ubiquitous
(disabling SSL2 & SSL3 way before most places)

Not directed personally at you, phk - it's just strange that forum
questions are considered more important to secure than source files!

cheers, Jamie