/etc/rc.d/ipropd_master overwrites /var/heimdal/slaves

Jason C. Wells jasoncwells at fastmail.com
Wed Sep 7 01:35:52 UTC 2016

First off, thanks for updating heimdal. I've been eagerly awaiting that.
(Although, I might be late to the party since I only recently updated to
10.3 from 9.3.)

The FreeBSD provided /etc/rc.d/ipropd_master script always overwrites
/var/heimdal/slaves within the precmd portion of the RC script. I find
this to be extremely odd. Rather, please just check if
/var/heimdal/slaves is empty if you must check anything at all. If one
happily follows along with the heimdal website and writes out
/var/heimdal/slaves, one unhappily finds that /etc/rc.d/ipropd_master
will unhappily overwrite your file.

In other news, /etc/rc.d/apache needs a variable called httpd_conf that
overwrites /usr/local/etc/httpd.conf upon every boot. That is, if we
want to be consistent. ( <== a small joke )

Regards,
Jason C. Wells