GOST in OPENSSL_BASE

Andrei az at azsupport.com
Mon Jul 11 18:08:31 UTC 2016

On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 20:09:35 +0300
Andrey Chernov <ache at freebsd.org> wrote:

> >> As far as I know, GOST is a standardized crypto algo in .ru, it's
> >> suggested (required?) by the government in .ru. So, if FreeBSD does
> >> not want to alienate the .ru userbase, GOST probably should be in
> >> base.
> >>
> >> I'm not sure how difficult that would be.
> > Care about russian terrorists government? About Putin? No, thanks!
>
> Unfortunately, it affects normal people and organizations here,
> including internet providers f.e. and not affects Putin or government
> in any way. Documents workflow require digital signatures by GOST.
From 20 Jule of this year "organizers of information distribution on the Internet"
in Russia must have ability to decrypt all traffic by "Yarovaya law".

"There's another important amendment aimed at “organizers of information
distribution on the Internet”: if an online service—a messenger app, a social
network, an email client, or even just a website—encrypts its data, its
owners will be required to help the Federal Security Service decipher any
message sent by its users. The fine for refusing to cooperate can be as high
as a million rubles (more than $15,000)."
https://meduza.io/en/feature/2016/06/24/russia-s-state-duma-just-approved-some-of-the-most-repressive-laws-in-post-soviet-history
http://www.ibtimes.com/russian-anti-terrorism-law-signed-amid-business-human-rights-outcry-how-big-brother-2389849

Maybe russian GOST made with options to decrypt.. Nice backdoor from FSB? ;)

> Wtf is this? This is an international community and this list is read
> across the world. There's no place for your political beliefs.
> Especially when expressed in such manner. Please keep it to yourself.
I will write what I want. I'm live in democratic country, not in Russia.