GOST in OPENSSL_BASE

Kurt Jaeger lists at opsec.eu
Mon Jul 11 16:39:38 UTC 2016

Hi!

> > I.e. GOST will be available in openssl.
> > Under BSD-like license.
> > Can be this engine import in base system and enabled at time 1.1.0?
> > And can be GOST enabled now?

> I think the wrong question is being asked here. Instead we need to focus
> on decoupling openssl from base so this can all be handled by ports.

As far as I know, GOST is a standardized crypto algo in .ru, it's
suggested (required?) by the government in .ru. So, if FreeBSD does
not want to alienate the .ru userbase, GOST probably should be in base.

I'm not sure how difficult that would be.

--
pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         4 years to go !