Unexplained update to /boot/boot1.efi and 2 others by freebsd-update

Martin Simmons martin at lispworks.com
Mon Aug 22 14:26:17 UTC 2016

Running freebsd-update to convert 10.1-RELEASE-p36 to -p37 updates 3 efi files
in /boot, but they are not mentioned in any security advisory or errata notice
that I can find and no corresponding source files are updated.  This is
repeatable on several unrelated systems so I don't think my files have been
corrupted.

Is this expected?

# freebsd-version -u
10.1-RELEASE-p36
# freebsd-update fetch
Looking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 4 mirrors found.
Fetching metadata signature for 10.1-RELEASE from update4.freebsd.org... done.
Fetching metadata index... done.
Inspecting system... done.
Preparing to download files... done.

The following files are affected by updates, but no changes have
been downloaded because the files have been modified locally:
/etc/ntp.conf

The following files will be updated as part of updating to 10.1-RELEASE-p37:
/bin/freebsd-version
/boot/boot1.efi
/boot/boot1.efifat
/boot/loader.efi
/usr/bin/bspatch
/usr/sbin/freebsd-update
/usr/src/sys/conf/newvers.sh
/usr/src/usr.bin/bsdiff/bspatch/bspatch.c
/usr/src/usr.sbin/freebsd-update/freebsd-update.sh

__Martin