CFT: New ASLR Patch

Bartek Rutkowski robak at freebsd.org
Tue Feb 24 13:30:21 UTC 2015

On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 3:59 PM, Shawn Webb <shawn.webb at hardenedbsd.org> wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> It has been a long time since we sent out a call for testing request for our
> ASLR patch. We've been hard at work making our ASLR implementation as robust
> as possible. We'd like to invite all adventurous souls to test our ASLR
> implementation. Put it through the ringer.
>
> Since the patch is much too large to attach to an email, you can find our
> latest patch on FreeBSD's Phabricator:
>
> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D473
>
> Or download the raw version of the patch:
> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D473?download=true
>
> Please let me know if you find any issues.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Shawn Webb
> HardenedBSD

Hi,

First of all, thanks a lot for your work on that, cant wait to see it
implemented in FreeBSD release!

Could you perhaps update your call for testing with some instructions
for potential testers as to how to test (I assume this patch is agains
-CURRENT, but I could be wrong here, and other could make different
assumptions), is there anything else than applying patches,
compilation and reboot required (any configuration?), what to look at
when running on these patches, what are you interested in when
reporting any success/issues with them (any instructions for
generating a relevant problem report for you?) and so on?

Kind regards,
Bartek Rutkowski