Quarterly packages and security updates...

jungle Boogie jungleboogie0 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 17:38:17 UTC 2015

On 14 August 2015 at 10:31, Mason Loring Bliss <mason at blisses.org> wrote:
> How about, two of them were vulnerable until I wrote to the list with the
> dismaying thought that we were going to ship vulnerable packages, at which
> point someone with the ability to push packages around decided to fix
> them...?
>
> That said, I will happily use the mechanisms you noted if I see this sort of
> situation in the future, and I am sincerely, deeply grateful that the high-
> profile stuff I pointed out was fixed so rapidly in response to my pointing
> it out.

Reviewing the link Mark provided, it looks like a few hundred packages
have a timestamp of 13-Aug:
http://pkg.freebsd.org/freebsd:10:x86:64/quarterly/All/?C=M&O=D

I always do pkg update and then pkg upgrade on my head version of pkg
to get any latest and for me to know if the database is updated.

--
-------
inum: 883510009027723
sip: jungleboogie at sip2sip.info