freebsd-update.conf IgnorePaths linker.hints not working

Gregory Orange gregory.orange at calorieking.com
Thu May 29 02:04:09 UTC 2014

On 27/05/14 21:36, R. Scott Evans wrote:
> On 05/26/14 10:00, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
>> This was supposed to be fixed by the following errata notice:
>> http://www.freebsd.org/security/advisories/FreeBSD-EN-14:04.kldxref.asc
>
> Well it is still broken after the 9.2-RELEASE-p6 also in that errata.
>
> The relevant thread in freebsd-questions:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2014-May/258238.html

I'm left wondering what to do next:
* Should I simply delete linker.hints - would that cause unwanted behaviour?
* Should I instead move linker.hints aside before freebsd-update cron &
freebsd-update install, then move it back again? That seems to work on a
manual test, but seems ugly.
* Should I post an official PR somewhere?

Greg.