[FreeBSD-Announce] HEADS UP: FreeBSD 9.2 EoL coming soon

Sergey Kandaurov pluknet at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 19:21:27 UTC 2014

On 11 July 2014 01:56, Xin Li <security-officer at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> On September 30, 2014, FreeBSD 9.2 will reach its End of Life and will
> no longer be supported by the FreeBSD Security Team.

And what about this part [1]:
"Releases [...] will be supported by the Security Officer [...] for
sufficient additional time (if needed) to ensure that there is a newer
release for at least 3 months before the older Normal release expires."

I parsed this as 9.2 should (could) be supported until after 3 months since
9.3-RELEASE. E.g., 9.0 support was extended as 9.1-RELEASE got delayed.

[1] http://security.freebsd.org

--
wbr,
pluknet