RFC: Proposal: Install a /etc/ssl/cert.pem by default?

John-Mark Gurney jmg at funkthat.com
Fri Jul 4 02:36:05 UTC 2014

Xin Li wrote this message on Wed, Jul 02, 2014 at 16:45 -0700:
> 1. Import a set of trusted root certificates, and install if
> MK_OPENSSL is yes, to /usr/share/misc/ca-root-freebsd.pem;

My only comment on this is that we (committers) or -core needs to decide
how certs are added/removed... If it's mirror mozzila's cert repo, then
that's fine, but if we don't have a policy, what will we do when other
CA's contact someone at FreeBSD wanting to get their cert included by
default?

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579