svn commit: r239569 - head/etc/rc.d

Andrey Chernov ache at FreeBSD.ORG
Tue Sep 11 11:56:17 UTC 2012

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 01:40:28PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> > 2) reusing entropy seeds is a bad thing - for this I don't have
> > empirical proof. But I have Bruce Schneier's word.
>
> And as I have stated repeatedly, you and David are misapplying what
> you're reading.

Just my 2c.

In case we talking about boot process, this is not reusing of entropy seed
(i.e. using the same one second time), but saving-restoring its state
instead. Remember - the machine is not active after the very last saving
(I assume we can safely ignore panic cases due to their exceptional
nature).

--
http://ache.vniz.net/