PAM modules

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Sat Sep 17 15:33:07 UTC 2011

Jason Hellenthal <jhell at DataIX.net> writes:
> security/pam_jail         A PAM module dropping users in jails after login
> security/pam_krb5         A Pluggable Authentication Module for Kerberos5

We already have that.

> security/pam_ldap         A pam module for authenticating with LDAP

Not going to happen, since we don't have LDAP in base.

> security/pam_mkhomedir    Create HOME with a PAM module on demand
> security/pam_p11          A PAM module using crypto tokens for auth authenticate against Unix PAM

Requires a PKCS11 implementation in base.  I never finished the one I
started on...

> security/pam_pwdfile      A pam module for authenticating with flat passwd files
> security/pam_require      A PAM module for restricting access based on unix group or username

What does this do that pam_group doesn't?

> security/pam_smb          NetBIOS domain logon PAM module

Apparently requires Perl to run, although this may be a bug in the port

> security/pam_ssh_agent_auth PAM module which permits authentication via ssh-agent
> sysutils/pam_mount        A PAM that can mount volumes for a user session

That leaves us with the following candidates:

 - pam_jail
 - pam_mkhomedir
 - pam_mount
 - pam_pwdfile
 - pam_ssh_agent_auth

and possibly also

 - pam_require
 - pam_smb

Note that pam_mkhomedir and pam_mount can be implemented using pam_exec
(possibly with some improvements) and scripts.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no