Reasonable expectations of sysadmins

Matthew Franz mdfranz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 09:58:44 UTC 2011

I've found this to be especially useful on PF+CARP pairs when making
networking changes. Did the interfaces come up properly, did the
routes, did the PF rules upon reboot?

In some virtualized (non-BSD) environments some folks rebuild the
image from scratch from packages and from a source of truce
(puppet/chef repo) to be sure you can always have a clean build.

- mdf